Vancouver’s Downtown Association is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3).
Our mission is simple: We make good things happen in Downtown Vancouver. We have an active volunteer Board of Directors committed to invigorating Downtown Vancouver.
Incorporated in 1989, VDA continues to conduct a variety of revitalization activities that strengthen our greater downtown community. VDA has many accomplishments under its belt from the new trees on Main Street to Spring Clean Up.
Our annual membership dues and the Main Street Tax Incentive Program, as well as donations for the many programs and events downtown provide the funds needed to continue our efforts.
Vancouver’s Downtown Association has benefited greatly from the Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program. This funding tool has been the single most significant catalyst for VDA-led change in our downtown.
The Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program is a wonderful tool to move Business and Occupation Tax dollars directly from the taxpayer into eligible downtown organizations who are organically re-energizing downtown business districts. Donations made to Vancouver’s Downtown Association through this program fund critical programs to uplift and promote our downtown.
Quick Facts: Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program
This program is highly competitive throughout the State of Washington. Pledges MUST BE MADE as quickly after midnight on 12/31/2016 or the allotted funds will be gone.
THIS is how to put your excise tax dollars to work in your own downtown…regardless of where the tax is incurred. You get to choose where your dollars are invested!
If you decide to participate in this opportunity, here are the very quick facts………
- A pledge made at midnight on 12/31/2016 would not need to be funded until late December 2017
- The 75% credit that it creates can be taken as early as January 1, 2018.
- The sign up process is easily done. I can talk your financial department through it easily
- The State has set a limit both in the amount that is available Statewide for this opportunity (1.5 million)and for the amount that our community can shelter forward ($100,000)
- Remember, 75% of this is tax you would pay anyway. The remaining 25% can be treated as a charitable donation………an investment in your local community. VDA is a 501©3 nonprofit.
- Vancouver’s Downtown Association is the highest performing downtown organization in the State of Washington with regard to bringing this funding opportunity to bear in our city center. We take this commitment seriously and will invest your dollars carefully.
- Here are links to the State’s information:
As you consider this request, if you have questions….or your colleagues have questions, please have them call me. Lee Rafferty, 360-258-1129 (office) 360-606-4236 cell email: email@example.com
To our 2016 donors:
Thank you for being a downtown supporter and a big vision thinker. Because of you, wonderful things are happening in our city center!
Riverview Community Bank
Great Western Malting Co.
Horenstein Law Group
Biggs Insurance Services
Pacific Continental Bank
Columbia State Bank
Albina Holdings Inc.
Bader Beer & Wine Supply
We salute and thank the following donors who have answered the call in the past.
Bank of Clark County
Riverview Community Bank
Davidson and Associates
RSV Construction Services
|Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt
International Air Academy
Scott Horenstein, attorney
Al Angelo Company
Kiewit Infrastructure West
KMS Financial Services (Johnson Bixby and Associates)
Our By- Laws
We want to hear from you.
VDA hosts quarterly open membership meetings each quarter. Watch for announcements of dates and locations of upcoming meetings.
There is always a program that highlights something compelling about our downtown and we would love to have you join in the discussion.
Our next meeting that is totally open to the public and free of charge will be April 13, 2017 held at the Hilton Hotel Vancouver. Our topic will be devoted to ‘Downtown Makers and Shakers’. Come! Learn from those who making real stuff in #dtVANwa. More news to come.