Vancouver’s Downtown Association and Clark County Poet Laureate Christopher Luna are proud to announce a unique public art project for National Poetry Month in April 2017.
Haiku and short poems about the downtown Vancouver experience will be applied to the sidewalk using a special paint which will only be visible in the rain for approximately 2-4 months.
Each poem will reflect the downtown Vancouver experience, such as spending time outdoors, attending cultural events, or exploring the city with family or friends. Our aim is to present poems which will lift the spirits of those who come upon them.
The installation will be celebrated with an opening celebration and reading, as well as a poetry crawl. Dates TBA.
Follow Rainku progress in social media using the #dtVANrainku, and be sure to use this tag in your own photos!
Vancouver’s Downtown Association
º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º
Sponsorship Opportunities :
Help us bring Rainku to life in 2017!
Materials Sponsor ($200)
As a Materials Sponsor, you will receive:
* Lead sponsor recognition in all print and online promotion of tours and events surrounding 2017 Rainku
* Logo recognition and brand promotion through VDA website, VDA and Vancouver Arts District Facebook pages, e-newsletters, and all printed materials or merchandise
Location Sponsor ($175)
As a Location Sponsor, you will receive:
* Poem to be installed at the doorstep of your business
* Guest host of two VDA promoted events surrounding the Rainku installation
* Additional foot traffic brought to your storefront during the lifetime of the poetry installation
Make a donation ($)