THIS is how to put your excise tax dollars to work in your own downtown…regardless of where the tax is incurred. You get to choose where your dollars are invested!
If you decide to participate in this opportunity, here are the very quick facts………
- Main Street Tax Credits are a way of ensuring your tax dollars are invested in your downtown community.
- Make a pledge of as little as $1,000 to Vancouver’s Downtown Association beginning January 14, 2019, pay the pledge to VDA by November 15th and 75% of your pledge will be deducted from your Washington Business and Occupation tax obligation.
- A pledge of $1,000 in January of 2019 paid in November of 2019 equals a tax credit of $750 in January of 2020. The remaining $250 becomes a direct donation to VDA. Because Vancouver’s Downtown Association is a 501 c 3, the entire pledge amount is deductible from your Federal tax bill.
- VDA is allocated $98,000 in the first quarter of the year. Beginning April 1st of each year, we compete for up to $35,000 in credits unclaimed in the first quarter giving. These credits go quickly.
As you consider this request, if you have questions….or your colleagues have questions, please have them call the VDA office at (360) 258-1129 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are ready to make your pledge follow these simple steps to enroll:
Step 1: Visit the WA Department of Revenue website and follow these step by step instructions to make a pledge:
Here are the step by step instructions:
- Starting January 14th, 2019, go to: https://secure.dor.wa.gov/home/
- Log in
- Click on “Get Started” link
- Click on your Excise Tax account
- Click “Credits” in the tool bar
- Click on “Add Main Street Application”
- Find Vancouver’s Downtown Association and enter the Contribution Amount; click next
- Fill out Authorization Information and click Submit.
- Click here for a screenshot of the step by step instructions.
Step 2: Before November 15th, 2019 make a donation to the VDA . You can make the donation online at this PayPal link or mail a check to the following address: VDA, 811 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
Step 3: In 2020, when you go to pay your B&O online, you will be given the amount of your credit in a drop down menu and asked how much you would like to apply. It’s really that simple!
Thank you for your donation to making downtown Vancouver a safe, clean, and vibrant place to live, work, and play!
Some good information about the program:
Vancouver’s Downtown Association would like to thank the following businesses and downtown supporters who have generously invested in our work through the Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program.
Our 2018 Donors!
Albina Fuel (for the 9th year)
Bader Beer and Wine Supply
Great Western Malting (for a 4th year)
Johnson Bixby & Associates
KMS Financial Services
Our 2017 Donors
Albina Fuel (for an eighth year)
Great Western Malting (for a third year)
Pacific Continental Bank (for a fourth year)
Horenstein Law Group, LLC (for a fourth year)
Hurley Development (for the first year)
Atlantic & Pacific Freightways Inc (for the first year)
LSW Architects (for the first year)
The Source Climbing Center (for the first year)
Bank of Clark County
Corwin Beverage Co.
First Independent Bank
International Air Academy
Kiewit Infrastructure West
Pacific Continental Bank
Pacific Continental Bank
Riverview Community Bank
RSV Construction Services
Schwabe Williamson and Wyatt
Scott Horenstein Law
The Al Angelo Company
The Mekos Corporation